You can easily buy YLD tokens on Uniswap, one of the largest decentralized exchanges (DEXs) on the Ethereum network. To get started, all you need to do is follow these easy steps:
1. Using your web browser, go to Uniswap’s web application.
2. Connect your MetaMask wallet to Uniswap by clicking "Connect to a wallet" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Select MetaMask and allow Uniswap to access your wallet. You will then see your MetaMask public address instead of “Connect to a wallet”.
3. Choose the cryptocurrency that you want to swap for YLD. You can do this by clicking on "ETH" in the white box at the center of your screen. A pop-up will appear listing different cryptocurrencies, select the one you'd like to trade for YLD.
You can skip this step for ETH, since it is the default selection.
4. Next, click the pink "Select a token" button below and type YLD. Be sure to select the token displaying the YIELD App logo.
5. If the YLD token does not appear, you may need to search for it using the YLD contract address.
To do this, in the field where it says “Search name or paste address”, copy and paste:
Copying and pasting this address is the fastest way to find YIELD App’s YLD token.
6. Click "Import".
7. Confirm that you'd like to import YLD by checking next to "I understand" then click "Import" again.
8. To buy YLD, either enter how much you want to sell in the top box of the swap field, or how much YLD you want to receive in the bottom field. Uniswap will automatically calculate how many tokens will be traded. When you’re ready, click "Swap".
9. A Uniswap pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm your transaction. Click "Confirm Swap" to continue.
10. MetaMask will pop open and ask you to confirm the trade. Click "Confirm" to begin your transaction.
11. Uniswap will inform you that your transaction has been submitted. Before you close this window, click "Add YLD to MetaMask" above the pink “Close” button. This will take you to MetaMask so you can add YLD to your wallet, otherwise, it will not appear (although your funds will still be there).
12. In MetaMask, click "Add Token".
13. A MetaMask pop-up window will confirm that your transaction has been submitted at the bottom-right of your screen. Click this pop-up if you'd like to view it on Etherscan.
14. Once the transaction has been completed, Uniswap and your MetaMask wallet will display your updated holdings of YLD. Congratulations, you now own YLD!